Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Yay for hat making!

A co-worker of mine, Ashley, wanted me to make an oversized beret for her (she didn't really say "beret", but I knew what she meant). So for the past couple of months, I've been debating over all of my blue yarn in my stash, trying to figure out which yarn she would actually like. I'm always so paranoid about that type of stuff. Anyway, I finally found a good yarn, and I started on it.
Well..... I got 5 rows in, and I kept getting stuck on this one increase row. I kept getting the wrong amount of stitches on the needles, and I had NO IDEA why! After a month and a half of trying, and 3 very sad froggings, I figured it out, and after that, it took my a day to finish the hat. So here it is:

lol... Josh says hi....

She wants to have this kind of hat because she goes camping alot, and so when there are times that they have to go without a shower, this hat will hide her greasy hair. I think you'll get a good idea of how it's gonna look, given that her hair has about the same curliness and length...



Hope you like it. I think I'll make it for myself. It's called the "Huggy Bear", and it originally calls for Noro Iro yarn, which I might go ahead and use, cause it looks really pretty.

Safe knitting!

No comments: