Sunday, January 4, 2009

You know what's NOT fun?...

..... frogging.

Yeah. I had to frog my Mottled Olive Sweater and had to start over. Yeah. It starts out knitting in the round, and I didn't realize that I had twisted it in the first row, so the only thing I could do was start over. sad. Oh well. I was only 10 rows in, so it's not a big deal. I'm already 5 rows into the new attempt.

Anyway, I wanted to show you pictures of Josh's new discovery! As some of you may know, all he has ever knit is hats, and he has never used a pattern before. Well...... my mom showed him.....



.... and he fell in love with it. So....................




So yeah. He's REALLY loving making this too. He's using Wool of the Andes from Knitpicks, and he's made a few modifications to the sides of the sweater. There's supposed to be a line of garter stitch going up the sides of the sweater, but it didn't really appeal to Josh's style, so he's doing ribbing up the sides instead. It looks really good too. YAY!

Anyway, I thought I would bring everybody's day down with my horrible frogging story and then lift everyone up with Josh's Cobblestone Sweater progress. I like to play with people's emotions (teehee). But I'll end this blog by showing you a picture that I came across today that has to be one of my favorite pictures from our wedding. It's a picture of "mine mother" adjusting the piece of art that I still can't believe she knit for me to wear and treasure....



Safe knitting!

No comments: